1. Do think outside of your “well, this is what I would do with traditional promotions…it has to work the same on FaceBook, right?” box. Don’t be a one hit wonder with the SAME PROMO over & over & over. Branch out my friend, how ELSE can you interact (meaning more than ONE way) with your current & potential clients?
2. Do send a thank you (and a coupon or customer of the day award or business spotlight) when you receive a friend request…they friended YOU, not the other way around…don’t you think that should be treated with a bit more special sauce?
3. Do think. If you are a daycare, don’t talk to people (as the daycare) about the type of drinks you had and how wasted you were the night before. Come on…really?
4. Do Interact, interact, interact. That’s why it is called “social” networking…not “billboard” networking. (see a funny blog from Lisa D Jenkins here that states the ugly truth).
5. Do have a reader that has a file of all your “friends” blogs. What a great way to promote your clients and introduce them to others?
6-10. What do you do on FaceBook as a business that helps promote others or your own business that is not icky and intrusive?