Yes, I do judge a book by it’s cover…actually in my case: Your Twitter by your Tweets
I was stalking going through who follows @BoiseHawksOC (Onalee Carson) when I saw that another local flower shop is on Twitter. Yea! So I thought. Until now, @SlingFlower is the lone tulip in the garden in Boise on Twitter (from what I know, please update me if I am wrong).
So I think “Welcome @KaBloomofEagleto the TwitterVerse”…until I saw what they were Tweeting. *sigh* All “ads” stating what their hours are, where they are at, that….(shocker!) they are on FaceBook & that we should join them! Why? To get more ads lambasted at us?
Here is what I suggest (and can we beat this dead horse anymore?) Of course, this should have been answered in your social media strategy plan that you mapped out…correct? 😉
1. Reach out to people through conversation (aka: JOIN IN!-the water is nummy)
2. Tell us about your customers, not you. (any local “celebrities” just walk in the door?)
3. Share your knowledge in flower-ese (I would love to know is it ok to put sugar in a vace of flowers?)
4. *On the biz side* Search for people’s wishes online & connect with them and solve their problem. Search is the least used MUST-HAVE Twitter tool that is just not used. Too bad, someone is getting your biz.
5. *On the biz side* Randomly send flowers to a Twitter (or FB) user & see what happens.
6. *On the biz side* Blog about your passion of flowers/arranging/seeing glee on others faces. (this content lives FOREVER on the web – always searchable)
Ok, that is enough – I can only give so much away…you know, being w/o a job and all. 🙂
Good luck KaBloom of Eagle – I wish you all the luck in your social media ventures – just don’t sell me. How you interact with me & others will sell you.
Kuddos to @KaBloomOfBoise! She DM’d me (sent me a direct message through Twitter) this afternoon and gave me permission to publish what she said.
Good job paying attention to your Twitter stream & responding quickly! Like anything it takes time to get started & “get it”…but once you do, your tweeps will support you!