Yea, that’s right, I said it, unemployment doesn’t suck.
And here is why.
1. I had time to get my teeth cleaned
2. I had time to talk to my dentist about his marketing practices
3. He had time to tell me that what he was doing, and what he was spending was a big waste
4. We had time to chat about what they had done in the past (when they didn’t have any money) and who those customers are and why they have stuck around from the beginning
5. I had time to think…wow, I should start my own gig!
6. I had time to think of the possibilities of what I could offer to companies
7. I had my ego lifted by those wanting advice (in exchange for lunch!)
8. I had options
9. I had the confidence to know that I could succeed on my own
10. I had the ability to say no to job offers because I had figured out and knew to my core what I was good at & that I could make it.
What did I do?
I decided not to go on my own.
I decided to make a difference to clients wanting to build their business in a tough economic time AND make a difference with a product I believed in could be part of that equasion.
But…I do know that if unemployment strikes again, I will be just fine.
Tip of the Day
If you believe in a skill that you have & know that you can change one persons life, you can change many.
Jump & ye shall succeed.